Friday, July 27, 2007

I Feel Overwhelmed.


Can a girl get any luckier?

My all-time favorite basketball team - the Alaska Aces - has won their 12th championship trophy. In a grueling seven-game series, the gallant soldiers of Time Cone left the boys of Manny Pangilinan in tears. The game did separate the men from the boys. The game is all about heart and character. In the end, the reigning Most Valuable Player taught the brash brat from a university in Taft Avenue a thing or two about basketball. Mac Cardona should have realized that basketball is a game skills and not a 48 minutes of trash talk.

On to the next championship! This is one dynasty that I like.

If Uytengsu franchise is starting another era of domination, JK Rowling has ended her amazing ascent to literary history. 21st of July in the year 2007. Remember that. The last book of our favorite boy wizard was sold to excited muggles. I finished the book in 12 hours. It could have been shorter but I had to take bathroom breaks in between. It was sad. Harry Potter is no more. It is the end. The boy did live.

Thanks for all the wonderful twists and turns that made me a fan. Thanks a lot JK!

The duality of life is an exhilarating element of our humanity. It can be profound as good and evil. Or simple as a beloved basketball team and an iconic book series.

Let me cry for a moment.

No comments: